I took care of the basic topography and basing using my usual 5-steps technique:
- Main structure and frame in wood,
- Styrofoam and cardboard glued onto to the wood board to make the rough shapes of the hills,
- Layer of roughcast to make the transitions smoother between the hills and the board,
- Chunks of bark and small slates to simulate rocks,
- Several layers of sand glued with diluted liquid adhesives.
Rémi on his side started to prime the whole fortress in white. Here are a few pics we took yesterday to check if everything was ok, especially with the fortress position on the foundations.
Next step, the painting of the whole board will be handled by Remi. We still have 2 weeks before the events, we should be on time 😀